As we begin the new 2010-2011 school year, please keep us in prayer for the following needs:
1) Financial – We had a tough summer this year. Our renter moved out of the townhouse we own in West Virginia at the end of June, just as we were needing the extra money for our summer trip to the U.S. Fortunately, we only went one month without renters. Our new West Virginia real estate agency found renters to move into the home on the first of August. However, we are still recovering from the deficit created for the month of July.
2) Future prospects – Stephen and I are looking at making this our final year ministering at the Alliance Academy International of Quito, Ecuador. We are looking at other international schools where we can continue to minister or to a Christian school in the United States. Please join us in prayer for wisdom and discernment as we make a decision as to where we will move after this school year is finished.
3) New pregnancy – After two pregnancies without any complications, Cristina is trying not to worry about anything going wrong with this third pregnancy. Keep this new child in prayer that he/she will develop to be a healthy new addition to their family. Their first doctor’s appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday, August 31 and they believe she is about eight weeks (roughly two months) pregnant.
4) Raising godly sons – Be in prayer with us as we are raising our sons, Jared and Luke, to be godly examples to those around them as they learn about the world around them and the God who created it all.
5) New school year – Be in prayer with us for the new teachers as they start a new year in a new school and learning a new system. We have around 30 new teachers for middle and high school alone. Also be with the returning teachers that they will find new passion for their classes and their ministry to the students they will teach this year.