Before going into the stories for this past month, I’d like to share some quick prayer request items with you. Please, keep these things in mind when you pray for our family and the ministry God has allowed us to participate in during the past three years.
1) That we’ll find new renters for our townhouse in West Virginia very soon. We have been without renters for three months and it is hurting us financially.
2) That Cristina’s mom, Helen Cobb (a missionary in Guatemala), will be able to raise the extra support needed so that she can come down to Ecuador in early April to help Cristina when baby #3 comes into the world. A round trip ticket from Guatemala to Quito is between $800-$1000. So far, a friend has offered $100 toward the trip.
3) That Stephen will be given a good job offer soon so that we can start looking forward to the next location of ministry that God is leading us toward.
4) That Cristina will be able to finish writing her dissertation in the next five months. She has been struggling with writing the first chapter (approximately 20 pages), but made some headway on it during the Christmas break.
5) That Jared will learn and grow in the knowledge of the Lord as he has started to attend Awana meetings and is going to Sunday school at church. What is encouraging is that Jared really enjoys memorizing Bible verses. Little Luke still attends nursery and is too young for Awana.